Trafalgar

SAVES AND CANNOT FIRE QUESTIONS

Moderator: andy

• Advertisement

SAVES AND CANNOT FIRE QUESTIONS

Postby timey » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:14 pm

Hi
A couple of questions arose during our game yesterday I wonder if anyone can help resolve.

1. Vessal A gets stern raked at 9cm, its minus 2 for the stern rake plus minus 1 for the carronade cannon making a save of 7
so does that mean NO SAVE or do you round down to 6 thus giving a save ?.

2. Vessal B double shots in his firing thus getting a cannot fire next turn marker, during the return firing he gets another 2 cannot fire next turn markers due to damage inflicted, are these cumulative ie can't fire for threee turns or does it only count the once.

Sorry if these are daft questions

Thanks in advance

Richard
timey
Warrior
Warrior

Re: SAVES AND CANNOT FIRE QUESTIONS

Postby TikaKino » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:55 pm

If you need to roll a seven you need to roll a seven - so you can't pass, and thus fail the save. Shooting rolls to hit have a specific exception to this built in - you always hit on a 6 - but nothing else in the rules does so far as I remember.

Incidentally, I'm pretty sure a rake is only a -1 save, not a -2. I don't have my book on me to quote page numbers, though.

I'm pretty sure it's just one may not fire marker, so one turn's break in firing unless you're a Brit or American and can pass that end of turn command check. I'm not sure there *is* a crystal clear rule for this in the book, but it seems the most sensible reading of the rule to me.
TikaKino
Skirmisher
Skirmisher

Postby Bosun » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:59 pm

If memory serves me right it's -1 for bow rakes and -2 for stern rakes.
If you get more than one can not fire marker I'm sure you ignore the 2nd or 3rd as it only applies for the next turn i.e. 1,2 or 3 markers all mean the same but last for only one turn.

Brian
Bosun
Skirmisher
Skirmisher

Postby TikaKino » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:38 pm

Bosun wrote:If memory serves me right it's -1 for bow rakes and -2 for stern rakes.

Heh, so it is. I never noticed.
TikaKino
Skirmisher
Skirmisher

Return to Trafalgar