Trafalgar

Trafalgar-Scale Dragons?

Moderator: andy

• Advertisement

Trafalgar-Scale Dragons?

Postby MTUCache » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:02 pm

I've recently gotten into the Temeraire series (Naomi Novik), and was thinking of coming up with some Trafalgar variant rules in which to incorporate dragons into the Trafalgar game setting....

Beyond all the dragon-specific rules, aerial-combat rules, dragon/ship interaction, flying-formations rules, etc, the very first problem I'm running into is finding dragon miniatures available in any of the typical naval scales. I'm not sure that 1:1200 would be the ideal scale for this game, since a standard 1st rate is going to be significantly larger than any dragon, but if I could find anything in any standard naval range I'd be happy.

Any direction you guys could point me in for these types of minis?
Any of the fantasy naval ranges out there have anything decent (Man 'O War, etc)?

And any thoughts you guys might have regarding a Temeraire Trafalgar-variant? I know this game is already niche-enough, but I figured if I could put a fantasy-spin on it I might actually get more interest out of a local gaming group rather than a purely historical game.
MTUCache
Skirmisher
Skirmisher

Re: Trafalgar-Scale Dragons?

Postby aecurtis » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:50 am

Grenadier used to make a series of dragons on flying stands; they were 1 1/2 to 2 inches long. They worked well with Man o'War flyers.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~tpope/sol/grenad ... s-6mm.html

The riders wouldn't really have scaled out at 6mm, more like 4mm. But they were separate, so could be left off if desired.

No idea who if anyone picked them up with the rest of the Grenadier ranges.

Allen
aecurtis
Warlord
Warlord

Re: Trafalgar-Scale Dragons?

Postby Tomsche » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:02 pm

Khurasan Miniatures has Godzilla in their 1/2400 waterline range

http://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/24 ... sters.html
Tomsche
Warhound
Warhound

Return to Trafalgar